For Youth & Adult
What we offer Youth & Adults:
- Safe, caring instruction.
- Individualized attention.
- Classes designed with diversified subject matter including physical fitness, self-defense, and traditional karate.
- A strong emphasis on mental awareness and the philosophy of Karate-Do.
- New challenges, goals, and direction for living.
- Strong fellowship and a supportive environment.
- Private instruction available.
- Discount rates for families.
Youth: 7-12 Years Old
The Youth program offers not only an effective self-defense program, but a means for character development and discipline. Children learn to concentrate and focus their energy constructively, which results in better school work and grades.
In addition, a strong emphasis is placed on the development of self-esteem. We believe that if a child’s self- esteem is strong, he or she is more likely to become a happy, secure and productive adult.
Adult: 13 Years & Up
The Adult program’s progressive style of martial arts training will provide a comprehensive course in Shudokan Karate-Do. Adults notice vast improvements in their coordination, strength, and flexibility. Also, karate training can aid weight reduction and helps relieve stress and tension.
Enjoy the new confidence that comes from knowing you have the ability to protect yourself and your family, should the need arise.
Yamanni Chinen-ryu kobujutsu, or Yamanni-ryu, is a traditional weapons martial art that originated in Okinawa. The principle weapon used in the style is the roku-shaku bo (six-foot staff), although the sai and tonfa are taught as well. The style has been described as one of the most dynamic and devastating of the Okinawan weapons styles, most likely because of its distinctive wide and flowing strikes, which contrast greatly with the short and choppier movements characteristic of other weapons styles that trace their roots to Okinawa.
This is not a “stand-alone” class. It is taught as a supplement to our on-going karate program.